THE COLSON FELLOWSHIP AT:
Most of our Bible study throughout our Christian lives focuses on understanding God and learning how to live in right relationship to Him, ourselves and each other-and this is certainly vital to our spiritual growth. However, the Bible also teaches us how to live in right relationship to every aspect of God’s creation, which includes society, culture, art, economics, education, and politics just to name a few. Furthermore, the Bible helps us understand how to properly order (or re-order) the fallen world as we join Christ in his work of restoring all things. This is where a “Christian worldview” proves vital.
Ours is a world where the “powers and principalities” are actively working to dis-order God’s good creation in areas such as marriage, family, human sexuality, and personhood.
As disciples of Christ, we cannot truly love our neighbors and remain indifferent to ideas and actions that do harm to people and God’s creation. The fact is “ideas have consequences and bad ideas have victims.” Because we care about the victims of “bad ideas,” we are pleased to partner with the Colson Center for Christian Worldview in bringing the Colson Fellows Program to Trinity Church in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.
The Colson Fellows Program is a transformational course that compresses a lifetime of Christian wisdom into ten months. This program will establish a solid foundation for those who are new to the study of Christian worldview, and for those who are well-versed in worldview and apologetics; you will gain new insights into today’s rapidly changing culture. Colson Fellows-in-Training go beyond understanding worldview as mere arguments and facts, and develop instead, the critical thinking skills or wisdom to discern what is or is not true, good, and beautiful in every issue that assails us today so they can understand the times and engage others thoughtfully and with grace.
Beginning each July, Colson Fellows-in-Training follow a carefully curated curriculum that helps them understand and identify worldviews and how they manifest in today’s ideas, philosophies, policies and practice. You will learn how to analyze and understand culture and its influence. Additionally, we will examine current cultural flashpoints such as race relations, progressive sexuality, religious liberty, the role of government, economics, and sanctity of life. Finally, Colson Fellows-in-Training will examine the concept of “calling” and develop a “Personal Ministry Plan” that will help them discover their calling, identify their unique gifts and sphere of influence.
Other features of the program include:
- 24/7/365 access to the Colson Fellows Online Learning Platform;
- Monthly Meetings facilitated Pastor Stuart Bryan and his wife Paige Bryan, commissioned Colson Fellows;
- Twice-Monthly Video Webinars in which you are able to interact with authors from the reading list and other leading worldview scholars;
- Interactive daily devotionals that weave together all course components;
- Assistance developing a teaching practicum in which you will teach on a topic you’ve learned;
- StrengthsFinder assessment;
- Lifetime access to Colson Center resources and ongoing worldview education;
- Inclusion into a network of over 2000 Colson Fellows working across the globe in various spheres of Christian ministry.
- Typically, participants in the Colson Fellows Program pay $900.
- Through an exclusive Licensing Agreement with the Colson Center, Trinity Church members only pay $500 in tuition for an individual, $950 for couples.
- Participants will need to purchase books from a source of their choice such as Amazon. Estimated book costs are an additional $200.
- Registration closes July 1, 2023
- Online access to the Course opens July 1, 2023.
- Monthly sessions begin July 8, 2023, and continue on the 1st Saturday of each month through May 2024 at the church from 9:00am to 12:00pm. Coffee and refreshments will be available.
- Students completing the Program will be commissioned in May 2024.